Monday, July 12, 2010

Alphabet Wall Art

My 2 year old loves all things alphabet. She loves to sing the alphabet, recite all the letters and their sounds...and her new favorite game is to find out which letters start different words. So when I thought about what new things we could put in her room now that her personality is developing beyond her current "nursery" decor...I knew the alphabet had to be included somehow!

Here is how you can create your own Alphabet Wall Art

materials:

chipboard alphabet

picture frame

fabric or decorative paper

hot glue gun

1. Cut your fabric or paper the size of your frame...in my case it was 8x10. If using fabric, you want it a little longer all the way around so you can wrap it to the backside and glue or tape in place.

2. Arrange your letters however you like and glue them in place.

That's it! You can place the glass in the frame if you like...but I chose not to. Also, just to give it more personality and color...I painted my daughter's initial a different color. As soon as I showed it to her she said, "Oh wow! All the letters!"...so I think she likes it:)

I may still paint the frame another color...and I want to add something to the bottom corner by the "z"...maybe a silk flower to pop off the frame? I think it will look so cute on a shelf in her room. Now I just need to hand the shelves that we have had for over 2 years...

The possibilities are endless with this project. The craft store also sells so many different styles of alphas in so many different colors! I chose just a plain white glitter to keep it clean and simple.



Price:

chipboard alphabet: $.99

fabric: $.25

frame: already had it

Total: $1.24

http://Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!

6 comments:

  1. Came from tatertots and jello.

    This is lovely.

    Just Another Day in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! It's going to make a great shower gift for my best friend. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little late commenting but I think this is just gorgeous! I plan on "borrowing" the idea, if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gave you an award at my blog


    kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! I copied you...errrr used your idea! :) Thank you for sharing!

    http://saramosfamily.blogspot.com/2010/08/more-for-kiddos-room.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails