Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nursery Decor Part 2: Girl Style

Earlier I showed you what I am loving in terms of decor if we end up having a boy. Here are my choices if we are having a girl:


I am loving yellows and pinks and browns. My daughter's room is already pink and yellow...so adding another girl to the room would be very easy!


I love the same idea for artwork above the crib.



Side note: I haven't leaned towards wanting one gender or another (I'm basically just so happy to be pregnant and healthy is all that matters!), but after looking at all this girl stuff online...it just makes me SO happy! Plus, we also LOVE the name we have picked out for a girl. Why can't boy names be as easy?? Ah...but then I think of not having a boy and that makes me sad too! One thing's for sure...there is only one in there and we will get to find out what it is in less than two weeks!


I love this Charlotte bedding by Dwell. Although the colors aren't really the direction I am going in (but I love them too!) I love the pattern:



Oh, and isn't this crib amazing??? The hubs and I are in love (with a crib?) and I'm sure if we ever figured out where to buy it...we wouldn't be able to afford it:(



(source)


BTW: I love the stripes mixed in with this pattern. Our crib bedding doesn't have a crib skirt...but I would make one if it's a girl.


In the crib I think a homemade version of this owl is a must. How cute would it be to have one side of the owl "sleeping" and one side "awake"?



(source)


One thing is for sure...if it's a girl this time around...she WILL have a yellow crib...and a pink chandelier:)



(source)


So, it's about time we really find out what this baby is!! I can't wait to start calling them by their name and not "baby" or "it". More power to those moms-to-be that wait until birth to find out the gender. To me...18 weeks is already long enough!! I heard someone say finding out what the baby is early, or at birth is a wonderful surprise either way and I totally agree:)


So, my daughter is convinced it's a girl...and my husband kinda, sorta (totally) would like a little man on his side. Either way, in a week or so...someone is getting taken out for sympathy icecream if things don't go their way:)

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! Love these items!! That owl idea is so stinking CUTE! Love the colors, love everything!! LOVE LOVE LOVE :) Can't WAIT to find out what you're having! So thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails