Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Cinderella Birthday Party

Back in the fall, my daughter decided she wanted a Cinderella party for her 5th birthday in March. Seeing as how that was months in advance, I was sure she would change her mind. She didn't, so we celebrated her 5th birthday in true princess fashion.
 
I made this castle out of white posterboard and blue cardstock. I got the idea here and knew I had to use it!
 

I found this glass slipper cookie cutter at a local bakery shop. I tinted the icing a real light blue and used sugar crystals on top:
 




I made some raspberry cheesecake truffles:
 

 
I used some leftover cake batter to make a few cake pops with my new amazing pan:
 

 
I found these little glitter pumpkins at the craft store in the fall clearance. They were $.10 each...score!
 
 
 
I made chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. For some of the cupcakes I made crown toppers made from sticks of chewing gum. I figured it was much faster and cheaper than fondant. I took a stick of chewing gum, cut points out of one long side, folded it around to make a circle (using a bit of water to keep it together) and then I brushed the front side with water and rolled them in pink sugar.
 
 
 
I made this simple banner the night before. I picked up silver tissue paper on clearance after Christmas. I cut rectangles, folded them in half, and cut slits on one side. They I glued them all to one long piece of yarn by folding the paper over the yarn.
 


I took our living room clock off the wall and set the time to almost midnight (and took the batteries out). I cut out silhouettes of Gus and Jaq. I got the idea for Jaq here but I decided to add Gus too...because he's a favorite;)
 

 
For party favors, I found a pack of nail polish in the Christmas clearance at Walmart and made my own labels in Photoshop. I printed the labels onto sticker paper and wrapped them around the bottles.
 

 
I knew I wanted to make Fairy Godmother wands for our guests. When I found these floral picks (5 for $1!) during Christmas, I thought they would make perfect wands. I tied on pink and silver ribbon to make them a little more special:

 


Outside, our princess guests were able to decorate their own crowns. I cut crowns out of posterboard (getting 6 crowns out of one $.50 sheet) and set out markers and stick on jewels. I got the sheet of jewels at Michael's for $1 (after a coupon) and cut the sheet into strips so each girl could have her own set. 
 
We had a great day celebrating our daughter turning 5!
 




5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! You're such a creative mom. I absolutely love the glass slipper cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! Very creative!

    http://thepinteresthousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your weblog web site on google and test a couple of of your early posts. Proceed to keep up the superb operate. I simply additional up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. Searching for forward to studying extra from you afterward!…
    la photo studios

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails