Sunday, July 14, 2013

RECIPE: Frosted Animal Crackers


I had a lovely baby shower to attend this weekend and I was in charge of the favor bags. After cruising the grocery aisles for a recipe idea to come to me, I decided to make frosted animal crackers. Aren't they cute? Plus, they taste a million times better than the waxy frosted crackers in the bag.

First, I grabbed a huge bag of animal crackers, picked out all the broken ones, and ate them by myself later while they kids were napping let the kids have them.


Next, I melted white chocolate candy melts and tinted them pink. I mixed in a little bit of vegetable oil to make the coating a little more runny. I also bought a tube of multicolored sprinkles. I dipped half of each cookie in the chocolate and let them harden on wax paper.


I will be making this snack again in the future. It was a fun project to do with my daughter (she is an expert with the sprinkles) and they have such a lovely handmade look!


Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails