Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Conquered the Zipper!

I am ashamed to say that in my few years of sewing...I have never successfully installed a zipper. For some reason they intimidated me...and I never wanted to take the time to find my zipper foot...or learn how to attach it:) Well...no more!

I followed this tutorial on Prudent Baby for making an easy make up bag...and it was easy...

...until I realized I had sewn the lining too close to the zipper teeth...and it wouldn't open or close:) So about 30 minutes later I had ripped out the seams and sewed it up again! NOW I have a cute little zipper bag that will open and close:) I think I will use this for crayons and coloring pages for the diaper bag to keep the Little Miss busy when we are out and about!

Now what else needs a zippered pouch...

Price:

lining fabric: $.50

outer fabric (vintage napkin): $.50

zipper: $.25

TOTAL: $1.25

2 comments:

  1. I searched Wal-Mart for something like that before Catherine's birthday. I was giving her hair ties, nail polish, and lip gloss - I wanted a little bag to put in in, but never found one! I need you closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you try to make most of your daughters clothes by re-purposing and stuff?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails