Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ribbon Photo Frame


Recently I was in Target looking around and saw this idea for a photo frame. Anyone else go to Target just to walk around and soak in the decor goodness? Every season they seem to put out things that I love...it's like they can read my mind! Also, the Little Miss loves Target because we get the popcorn and drink combo for $1.50...so she snacks on "pocorn" and Mommy also gets a diet soda treat:) We have done it so often...that now she yells out, "Yeah pocorn!" when we pull in the parking lot...

So here is my version of the frame I saw...sorry I couldn't find a pic of it on their website.

Materials:

$1.00 frame from Michaels

paint


ribbon (I used satin)


scrapbook paper...or decorative paper of choice


Mod Podge (I used the matte finish)


sponge brush


hot glue gun


1. Cut the shape of your frame out of the paper. Also cut it a little smaller all around the edges and inside.


2. Paint the frame.



3. Apply Mod Podge to the frame and back of your paper with the brush. Smooth out the paper with your fingers frame the center moving out towards the edges.


Then brush on another layer of Mod Podge all over the top and sides of the frame.



Optional: I sanded around the edges and inside of the frame. I liked the shabby look that it created.



4. Cut a piece of ribbon the length of the frame and glue on either side of the back of the frame.



5. Tie a bow with the rest of the ribbon. Glue it to the center of the frame and then trim the edges the desired length.



And you're done! Now I just need to hang the shelf in my daughter's room for this to sit on...

Also these frames from Michaels don't come with a piece of glass...so what I have done in the past is buy the largest (sometimes 11x14) frame at the dollar store that comes with that thin plastic instead of glass...and then cut it to size for other odd shape frames. Just an option!


Price:


frame: $1.00


paper: $.25


ribbon: $.50


Total: $1.75

1 comment:

  1. I really love this. I should be doing dishes but Im running to walmart instead to get some supplies :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails