Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pillows with Personality

I originally found this "his and hers" pillow idea at Freshly Picked and I knew I had to make my own versions. This idea has been saved in my "to do" folder so I am so excited to finally have them done!

I know I don't post photos of myself or my family on here (sorry...too many crazies out there for my liking)...but these are pretty darn close to how we actually look. They bring personality into our room with some humor too...which is good because we don't like to take ourselves too seriously:)

For the pillow, I used a tan home decor weight fabric. I cut out four squares for my pillow pieces. Then I took some brown material (it has a really nice grainy texture up close) and made appliques for our hair and my husband's glasses. To learn how to make an applique...check out my previous post HERE.

I ironed on my appliques and then stitched around them with black thread. Finally, I placed right sides of my pillow panels together and sewed around (leaving an opening to turn right side out). I turned them right side out, stuffed them, and sewed the opening closed.

I love how they are personal but make us laugh:) I'm thinking of a yellow striped pillow behind them maybe? We'll see.

Price:

tan material: $.99

brown material: $.50

stuffing: from another pillow

Total: $1.49

I'm linked to:

Sugar and Dots

Tatertots and Jello

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Those do look like you! It kinda reminds me of your Mii Character on the Wii! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these! I can't believe just a few well-placed shadows can look JUST like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same project saved! And you can bet your bottom dollar that you will be featured next week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are totally adorable! I love them...and yes, they remind me of mii characters. :)

    Love ya tons! Thank you for all your encouragement and love...what a sweet friend you are! Hope you are having an okay week! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love em!! Your S-I-L updated her bro's Mii today w/a goatee and the same hair and glasses! Funny! Noah's Momma's right, the pillow looks just like him on the Wii! She says you need to make one for little Miss, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. I may have to do one for each member of the family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Sugar & Dots. :)

    I love these pillows. They are fun and add a personal touch to your room.

    I think a pop of yellow on the pillow behind would look great. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails