Monday, September 26, 2011

DIY Nursing Cover


One of the crafts I wanted to make sure and get done before the baby came was a nursing cover. I didn't nurse my daughter for long when she was born ( it was a nice mixture of a screaming baby that only screamed when I tried to nurse and an overwhelmed new mom!) so I am excited this time to try again but I'm not puting so much pressure on myself this time.


I read a lot of tutorials online on how to make one of these and decided that the tutorial on Prudent Baby was the easiest to understand.


I used this Alexander Henry fabric that I picked up at Goodwill for $1.99...but I didn't know it was a designer print until our trip to California:)


The tutorial was really easy to follow and the only thing I changed about it was adding these towel pockets in the corners. I used the already finished edge of the towel so that I didn't have to refinish it and sewed the raw edges into the nursing cover when I hemed up all the sides. It was a simple addition from a towel I already had!



Price:


material: $1.99


boning: $.50


d-rings: $.50


Total: $2.99

5 comments:

  1. Cute! A friend has one of these and it looks so much handier than the blankets I always used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one of these too. The "D" rings are so much nicer than the velcro ones I've seen. Love your fabric choice. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabric! Also love the towel corners =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what kind of fabric do u use or wouldbe best for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a lightweight cotton...something that would give me privacy, but would breath for the baby;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails