Monday, August 1, 2011

Back from California

Our 2011 California vacation is over:( It was awesome, tiring, and full of great memories!


We got in to Anaheim (we always stay in Stanton since the rooms are much cheaper) on Thursday afternoon and after a quick nap...we hit Downtown Disney. Although we didn't get to go to the actual park this time...this was a pretty good substitute for me:)



After getting to bed way too late, we headed over to The Original Pancake House in downtown Anaheim.



It did NOT disappoint! By far the best pancakes we have ever had.



After the pancake house we headed over to Huntington Beach. The hubs and the Princess made sand castles and waded in the water while I just sat on my lovely vintage blanket:)



My two favorite people:



Next year there will be 4 hands in the sand!



After the beach we decided to get dinner at the McDonald's across the street from Disneyland to eat outside and wait for the fireworks show from the park to start. By the time we finished our dessert (chocolate dipped cones)...we heard the music and watched the whole show! It was a little bit of Disney magic for free:)


Saturday morning started with me tracking down a large fabric store in Anaheim. What...did you expect me to go to California and not look for a fabric/craft store?? This place was awesome! As soon as we walked in...my husband walked right back out to get some magazines at the Walgreen's across the street. I love him because he knows me so well:)





I actually found about 3/4 yd of this print at Goodwill a few weeks ago. I got it for $1.99 and wanted to make a nursing cover out of it. Apparently I got a good deal because it's Alexander Henry fabric that goes for $10 a yard.



After my husband dragged me out of the fabric store...we headed into LA to try a famous Pink's Hot Dog. I know...SO touristy:)



The wait in line was only 20 minutes and it was SO worth it. We kicked ourselves for not getting a third hot dog to share! Mine was the BBQ and onion ring one and my husband got their pastrami Reuben dog.



We looked around Hollywood a little more before meeting up with my brother who lives in North Hollywood.



We took our time driving back to Stanton and got ready for our last day in California.


Sunday morning started with ANOTHER trip the The Original Pancake House (per the husband's request) and I didn't argue too much. How have I gone 25 years without putting hot sauce on my eggs?? It's amazing!



We ran off our pancakes at a local park:



Drove by the city I was born in (no time to stop this trip):



...and continued on our way back home. Our daughter slept for most of the trip back so it was like a nice little mini date for my husband and I! We laughed and sang songs and tried to drag out the last little bit of our trip so that it wasn't over too soon.


We even caught a few rainbows on the way home:



It was the best 4 days that I have had in a long time and I spent it with my favorite people! I feel so blessed that we were able to get away from the craziness of our life and create some memories as a family of three before we become four in a few months!


OK...now time to get to work with that fabric that I bought in Anaheim...:)

3 comments:

  1. Next time you're at M&L Fabrics, let me know! I live about 5 minutes away. (This post makes my 'hood seem way cooler than I ever see it! Oh, and the McDonald's across from Disney has higher prices than other locations. Just FYI for next time.) Glad you had a good trip to OC! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tobasco on eggs is a must...next try Chipotle Tobasco. You will never go back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had so much fun...and jealous, too! :) Glad you are back safe and sound! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails