Monday, March 10, 2014

A FROZEN Birthday Party!


I thought my first post back should be one of my favorite things ever...a birthday party!

So, back when Frozen came out...I think every 5 year old girl and their mom decided that it was the desired theme for their birthday. I have this theory because there were NO Frozen party supplies within a general 20 mile radius of me!

This was probably the easiest party to pull off because I was able to use some Christmas decor I already had and I scored the rest on clearance at 75% off after the holidays.



I keep my parties simple and sweet. Thanks to Pinterest I could throw $200 parties due to all the amazingly cute ideas that keep me up at night, but instead we keep things low key, enjoy our friends and family...and put more of that $ away for our future Disneyland trips;) 

Sugar cookies are always a crowd pleaser:


Powdered donut holes served as "frozen snowballs":


Yogurt covered pretzels were "snow covered": 


Because the Frozen girls (and myself) love chocolate...there HAD to be a chocolate treat too:


The gold trees are a part of my Christmas stash. I purchased them at Target. I also made the Frozen signs in Photoshop. 


I picked up this iridescent Christmas tree for my daughter's room at a yard sale and my daughter's grandparents gifted her the Frozen barbies for her birthday. Instead of wrapping them up, I set them out as part of the decor and I think her reaction to seeing them was better than if they had been wrapped!:


Funfetti cupcakes were requested by the birthday girl. I topped them with Wilton's buttercream icing and I got the idea and recipe for the royal icing snowflakes from Glorious Treats



The centerpieces were mason jars with a snowflake paper cup inside. I used some left over silver tissue paper I had, some "s" stationary, and some glitter bows from the Christmas clearance section. I made the Olaf sign in Photoshop and placed it in a vintage frame I had on hand.


I cut snowflakes out of coffee filters (hello...100 snowflakes for under $1!) and I made a large Olaf out of poster board.


Here is another view of the coffee filter snowflakes. The silver streamers are a cut up silver table cloth. 


Possibly my favorite thrift store find is this mason jar drink dispenser! I've been wanting one for so long and scored this baby for less than $5! I made "snowball punch" by combining Sprite and raspberry sorbet. It was a huge hit with the kids and matched pretty well;) 


I passed on traditional party bags this year and went with "Queen Elsa wands" which are similar to last year's Cinderella wands. These are floral picks from the dollar store (6 in each pack) and I tied strips of tulle around them. 


With the wands, I decided to make Elsa crowns. I used the template from My Sister's Suitcase. Since I couldn't find any matching foam, I went with white and drew a design on them with a blue marker and glued on some gems I had in my stash. I also glued on some elastic to the back to make them comfy and durable. 


 It was a random rainy day here, so I am so glad I had a craft for the kids since they couldn't go outside. I set out snowman cookies and the kids had a blast building their snowman!


My favorite party of this party was the cake! I got this crazy notion in my head to make a cake about a month before the party (instead of just making cupcakes like I usually do). Of course it escalated from a simple cake to a castle cake and I am pretty proud of how it turned out! My daughter was in love with it and I learned a lot with it being my first cake. I will write another post about the cake and it's construction. 


My babe had a great day and to end it all...we got hail or "frozen rain" after the party was over. Considering we live where it almost never rains...it was a magical ending to an amazing day!


4 comments:

  1. Simply stunning. All these parties are going to keep her memories warm and happy her whole life. Great job on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to know how you did the cake!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be writing a separate post about the cake:) It was a lot of work...but SO worth it!

      Delete
  3. We are doing our Frozen birthday on the 13th, id love to attempt it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails