Saturday, June 23, 2012

DIY: Custom iPhone Case


Naturally, while my husband was playing with his new iPhone and downloading lots of apps...I was trying to find a cute case for mine.

Fail.

Don't get me wrong, there are many cute cases out there...just nothing in my price range. $40 for a case, Apple Store? No thanks...there is much more fun to be had at Goodwill with that money!

Plus, there is the whole issue where I change my mind about every other day.

But that's another issue for another day.

I ordered myself a clear iPhone case off eBay for $6 (including shipping and it also came with screen protectors) and decided to make my own insert for the clear case.

STEP 1: Start with a clear case for your phone and paper of your choice (I chose some vintage wrapping paper). Also, grab a pen and some scissors.


STEP 2: Trace the back of the case onto your paper and cut out...you now have an insert for your phone case.


STEP 3: Snap the phone case onto the phone and enjoy your new case cover for just pennies!

I love being able to customize this whenever I want. Holidays, different seasons, and you know I'm going to be rockin' a Little Mermaid one on our next trip to Disneyland!

I'm linked to:

5 comments:

  1. Love this! Where did you get the vintage paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HollyK,

    Thanks! I picked up the vintage paper at a thrift store in a nearby city:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius!!! I love the paper you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so good! It looks really neat and professional too.

    Irene (NCC Data)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails