Monday, June 25, 2012

White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies


A couple of months ago I was at a friends house and she offered me one of the yummiest cookies I ever had. She told me it was the oatmeal cookie recipe on the back of the oats can, but she also added white chocolate chips and cranberries.

She is a cookie genius.

So, this weekend I tried them out for myself...and these three cookies are all that remained from the night I made them, until the next mornng. By the way...the recipe makes 4 dozen, so I'll let you do the math on how many we ate within about 12 hours.

WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
(adapted from the Quaker Oats can)

1/2 cup plus 6 tbsp. BUTTER softened

3/4 cup firmly packed BROWN SUGAR

1/2 cup GRANULATED SUGAR

2 EGGS

1 tsp. VANILLA

1 and 1/2 cups all purpose FLOUR

1 tsp. BAKING SODA

1 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON

1/2 tsp. SALT (optional)

3 cups QUICK OATS (or old fashioned)

1/2 cup WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS

1/2 cup CRANBERRIES

STEP 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.

STEP 2: Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.

STEP 3: Add oats, chocolate chips, and cranberries. Mix well.

STEP 4: Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet then move to cooling rack to cool completely. Store tightly covered.

Then eat 45 cookies in under 12 hours.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails