Thursday, April 7, 2011

Addicted to Crewel

I've mentioned before how I found my own decor style and since then I have had fun just taking my time and finding pieces that I really want to have in our home. As soon as I threw all my decorating rules out the window, feeling out our space has been more of a joy and not a burden. Basically if my house could end up looking like this and this...I would be happy.


I've had a long time obsession with crewel embroidery. I especially love vintage crewel when I find it because I just imagine someone working hours on a piece of art that is now for sale at a thrift store for $3. My sewing machine and I are on a break...so maybe this is the perfect opportunity to start a new embroidery obsession?



I also want a lime green chair...


(source)


Is this owl not the cutest thing ever?



(source)



(source)


This is by far my favorite piece that I have seen online. I hope to run into it someday so we can be best friends:



(source)


Classic vintage. Sigh. Why is home decor not as cool nowadays?



(source)


I am going to stalk some thrift stores this weekend in hopes of finding my own crewel love connection, or at least a book on it so I can start spending way too much time making my own. Goodwill is having their 50% off sale this weekend and there just happen to be 5 of them within 10 miles of me...happy Saturday to me!


Is there a specific type of decor that you always like? Such as different picture frames, mirrors, or books?

1 comment:

  1. those are all so amazing! good luck on finding what you want this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails