Friday, April 22, 2011

No Bake Nest Cookies (Chocolate and Peanut Butter Version)


I was inspired by Prudent Baby this week when I saw their version of No Bake Easter Nest Cookies and decided to make my own:) I wanted to try them with corn flakes...but I couldn't find a recipe online so I just threw my own ingredients into a bowl and this is what I came up with:


6 cups crushed corn flakes (I gently crushed them by hand)


1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips


1/3 c peanut butter


1 tsp butter or margarine


Mini Cadbury Eggs


1. Crush the corn flakes and place in mixing bowl.


2. Heat chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter until melted.


I rigged up a double broiler system (one pot of boiling water on bottom and one pot with my ingredients on top of a medium heat burner) or you can use the microwave in 30 sec increments. We just don't own a microwave. No, it's not an Amish thing...it's a "too lazy and cheap and don't want to waste counter space" kinda thing:)


3. Pour melted chocolate and peanut butter over corn flakes and mix until cereal is fully coated.


4. Line cupcake pan with squares of wax paper and spoon in about 2 Tbsp of cereal mixture (more or less depending on how many cookies you need). Press the spoon into the center to create more of a "nest" look.


5. Place three Mini Cadbury Eggs (or candy eggs of your choice) in the center while chocolate is still warm. Cool in fridge about 10 minutes.





Once they are cooled, peel them off the wax paper and serve:)



You don't have to add peanut butter to this recipe, I just find it takes the bitter taste out of the semi sweet chocolate...and let's be honest, peanut butter and chocolate just belong together:)


I made my cookies a little larger...so I had 12 when I was done. You can easily get 24 out of this recipe if you aren't glutenous with your spoon fulls like I was.


I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend:) I'm excited that my daughter is understanding more this year about the incredible gift that God gave us by sacrificing His only Son for us.


Oh, and wouldn't these be cute at a spring baby shower with all pink or blue eggs?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! How cute! Those are my FAVORITE kind of cookies! I've never seen the nest version but pretty much putting chocolate and peanut butter together makes me LOVE ANYTHING! LOL Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails