Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thrift Store Finds: April Edition

I would like to start making my thrift store finds a monthly thing with maybe a link up party where you can share your newest or most favorite finds too? Hmmm...that would mean I would have to shop at thrift stores monthly...I think I could manage that:)


I haven't been having much luck at thrift stores lately...but I also haven't been going often. I know they put out stuff everyday...but that doesn't mean I need to be in one everyday:) Finally, I scored at my local Goodwill, which I find is has more affordable vintage than other thrift stores in the area.


First off, I found this awesome canister. I won't store any food in it (I'm weird about that), but I am going to take the lid off and keep my cooking utensils in it by the stove.


This is probably my most favorite thing I have found recently and I splurged on it...$3.99. I know...I'm out of control:) I just loved the shape and the colors...and it's also a bank!



These aren't vintage...but I did find them at Goodwill for a great price;) The orange striped material is a pillowcase that might make it's way into throw pillows for the couch, a cover for my stand mixer in the kitchen, or a window valance?



The other orange material is actually part of a duvet set originally sold at Ikea. It had the tags still on it and I have actually seen this set on Apartment Therapy posts and always loved it so I was super excited to find it new for under $10! Its a king size (we have a queen)...so I can't decide if I want to size it down to fit our bed...or cut it up for curtains? Either way I love it:) I would use it right away for our bedroom...but I found this gray striped duvet on Walmart's website and I kinda love that too! Can you see why our bedroom has never been officially complete??



I love the gray one with maybe a yellow headboard or throw pillows?


Finally, my favorite "blast from the past" find...a vintage Strawberry Shortcake twin flat sheet. I love all the pink colors in it. I think this will get made into a flat sheet for my daughter's twin bed in the future. Or I kinda want to keep it for myself?? Why can't I sleep in a twin bed anymore and have awesome sheets? Oh right, I'm an adult and I live with a boy:(



I finally feel some crafty inspiration coming on after about a month of not wanting to do anything. I hope to be sharing some more projects soon with my new finds!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I totally had those sheets growing up! In fact, I found a picture of myself from when I was in high school and I was wearing a skirt I had made from those sheets!
    Craziness . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the exact Strawberry Shortcake sheet from my local Goodwill. I then made one of my daughters a pillowcase dress from it... which came out quite adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love Strawberry Shortcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's kind of an unfair advantage to have our thrift store scores...we have had a LOT of practice! But I would love to do this...it gives me a reason to get rid of stuff and shop for what I actually love each month!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails