Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Antipasto Frech Bread Pizza (under $4)

I've really be ignoring this blog a lot lately, huh? We haven't been up to much. It's about 115 degrees outside and so we have just been staying inside, under the air conditioning that we pay so much for. So my days are spent coloring, playing with Play Dough, reading books, and watching episodes of Shaun the Sheep.







We have also been eating most/all of our meals at home. This is one of my most favorite quick meals (sorry I can't remember where I got it from) that tastes like to took a lot more time to make. It's all about fooling the hubs...:) You could easily double this recipe to feed a larger family. With this portion the three of us were able to eat lunch and my husband had some to take to work as well.




Ingredients:




1/2 loaf of french bread $.50




1/4 c basil pesto $1.00




8 slices of pastrami (or salami) $.69




1 tomato $.25




1/4c of black olives $.20




4 slices of provolone cheese $.80




1. Cut the french loaf in half and spread the insides with the pesto:







2. Layer the pastrami, tomatoes slices, and chopped olives on top.




(You could also add anything else you like such as pepperoni, green peppers, artichoke hearts, or onions.)







3. Lay cheese slices on top (I also put on a little pepper) and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 425 degrees:







Total (4-6 servings): $3.44




This pizza is seriously so good that I think I am going to make the other half of the loaf again for lunch today:) It's quick and simple and doesn't heat up my entire kitchen. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Shaun the Sheep! Should I apologize for telling you about it? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails