Friday, June 3, 2011

Baby Clothes Quilt: Part 3

Once upon a time I decided to cut up all (well most) of my daughter's clothes in order to make a baby clothes quilt. Well, lots of junk happened and all my cut out squares have been sitting in my top dresser drawer for about 4 months:)




I was feeling productive today. Well, productive in the "I wanna craft but not wash the dishes piling up in my sink" way:) So, I attacked my pile o' squares and ironed them all onto interfacing.




Yes..that is seriously my iron. It's mini and I love it:)



This was my original Photoshop design for the quilt. I had coded each pattern so that I could lay it out and see how I liked it.





Funny thing about making a code for patterns and then waiting 4 months to look at it again...I kinda forgot what codes were for what patterns! So, needless to say it took a WHILE to make my design come true in real life.



Here are all my squares laid out on our bed:





P.S. We got new bedroom furniture and I can't wait to get started on our bedroom! Our downstairs is almost done and I am trying to finish one project before I start a next:) So, for now our room is empty...except for our new furniture that makes us feel like true adults;)



So, after laying out all my squares, I put them together by horizontal rows to make it easier to sew them together.





I have 15 rows of 11 squares. Now...maybe I will get it all sewed together in another 4 months? Nah...I really got to get on this because I know once I have this baby...ain't nothin' crafty getting done for a while:)


OK, now time to go watch endless episodes of Hoarders on Netflix. It always makes me want to clean my house really well afterwards. It also works on my hubby...so I make him watch it with me sometimes;)



I'm linked to:



Tatertots and Jello

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That quilt is going to look GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog: I am your newest follower! Have a great weekend!

    www.chrissyandnathan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a quilt!! And what a special way to use your daughters clothes. It looks like it will be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo it's going to be gorgeous!! Umm yeah hoarders... I need to go clean my house now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to do this someday after I am done with the baby having and all those clothes are super sentimental! Looks great so far! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I would LOVE if you would link this up to my Delicately Constructed Fridays Linky Party!!
    Thanks so much!
    Have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is gonna be AWESOME! Can't wait to see it finished - and you're right you better get that sucker done before your sweet rainbow makes an appearance :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt...so beautiful! I think it's great you are making it big because then she can use it forever!
    Too bad my husband hates Hoarders...but that's a great idea...wish it worked here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i cannot wait to see it when it's done!!! it looked so beautiful all laid out on the bed! i love that you were crafting instead of doing the dishes. they never end! hope you're feeling well!

    ~jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails