Monday, June 13, 2011

Tie Onesie

First off, I am having a case of the Mondays today. I started off with my OB appointment...and lets just say...I was so shocked by what was on the scale...that I thought I still had my large purse on my arm. Nope...just me...and shame. Plus, my daughter and I could use a vacation from one another. I love her beyond words, and I know her personality will make her such a wonderful young woman someday...but it's not the easiest to parent!







OK, rant over;)




The first time I saw a tie onesie....I fell in love. I thought it was the cutest thing for a boy baby ever! So, when my friend's shower was approaching (and she told me she also liked tie onesies)...I decided it would make for a perfect gift:)




I started with a plain white onesie from Walmart and some cotton fabric and heat and bond. I ironed the printed cotton onto the the head and bond (right side up) and then cut out my tie pieces. The top part (or the "knot") and the bottom part of the tie are actually two pieces. I wanted them to overlap and look more "authentic". So, I ironed the bottom of the tie down first, stitched around the edges with my sewing machine, and then ironed the top part down, and stitched around that.







It was super easy and so adorable! I know our little man will have quite a few of these as well:)




If you want more info on how to make an applique...check out this post.




OK...with all this crafting this week...my house got severly neglected! But, who wants to clean on the weekends just so it can be messy again by Monday, right? So, my new best friend and I are going to tackle my floors today. Unfortunatly I am out of Hoarders episodes on Netflix...but I just started watching Obsessed...so that should keep me busy while I clean:)

1 comment:

  1. That onesie is ADORABLE! I have so got to make some of these when my nieces have their boy babies. (Hopefully, we will be welcoming more boy babies into the family.) And I am BFF with my steam mop too. ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails