Sunday, June 12, 2011

Easy Baby Bibs



I went to my friend's baby shower this weekend (she is having a boy too!) and I made a few things for her.



She had this fabric turned into a carseat cover...so she gave me the remnants to play around with and I used some of it on bibs.



These bibs are super easy and quick to make. They are also such a cute alternative to ones in the store...and cheaper too!



Materials:



printed cotton fabric



terry cloth fabric (or a dish towel)



snaps (or velcro)



matching thread



I started by making a bib template. You can trace a bib you already have...or just draw out a design that you like. I tried my template on my 3yr old daughter to make sure it would fit a baby because I am not the best at making templates!



Once I got the shape I wanted...I traced my template onto the regular fabric and some terry cloth fabric that I found by the yard.



I placed my two bib pieces together with the right sides facing each other and pinned them together.





I sewed all the way around the bib...making sure to leave an opening so that I could flip it right side out.



Once I had it flipped right side out, I pressed it with an iron, and top stitched around the entire bib, sewing my opening shut.





Finally I added some snaps to the top of each one...and that was it! You could also sew on velcro if you prefer. Super simple, cute, and best of all..useful!



I have a lot of the terry cloth material left and I saved my template...so I can't wait to pick out some fabric for our little guy too:)

2 comments:

  1. Cute bibs! And good tip about trying the template on the child before cutting it out.

    I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-easy-baby-bibs/2011/06/13/

    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! I want to make these for baby gifts! Thanks for the great idea- I'm going to have to look around here a bit more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails