Friday, June 10, 2011

Boy or Girl?

I had my anatomy ultrasound today and I was more than ready for it! We sat and watched the screen as the technician pointed out each body part and that they all looked perfect (I think I let out a sigh of relief with each one) and then she asked if we wanted to know the gender....um heck yeah!



It's a BOY!!!


I knew right away when the technician scanned over the area...but my husband didn't know what he was looking at...so the he had to wait for the tech to tell him:) I cried and he laughed! We just could NOT believe it! I know he wanted a little man to do "guy things" with, especially since we have been blessed with a daughter (and all the pink and tiaras that come with her)...so it was just a perfect moment.


We ran into Target for a minute before my husband had to go to work and couldn't resist picking up this musical giraffe. I think it will look really cute with his bedding. Oh my...I still can't get used to saying "him" or "his"!



It still feels so surreal...but SO exciting all at the same time! I thought I might be a little sad to not make all the girly accessories for a baby girl this time around...but I didn't care at all! I can't wait for all the things that come with little boys. My husband and I would giggle every time we said "our son"...I know...what nerds!


Thank you again for all your wonderful comments and emails! Today was such an emotional day in a good way...and that's something we have been looking forward to for a long time;) Knowing this baby is healthy and halfway here is wonderful!


So, bring on the baby boy crafts!

8 comments:

  1. Hip hip hooray! I love boys so much! Though I must confess with my first I actually cried during the ultrasound that he wasn't the girl I was sooo certain I was having! Ten years later I'm so grateful to be that cool mom of boys that I was surely destined to be! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melissa!!! I am so excited for you! I have a 5 yr old son and it is soooo awesome to have a Momma's Boy!!!! And my husband and son have the best time doing guy things while my daughter and I do the girl things. Then when we're all together we have a BLAST!!! So glad HE's lookin' good!! God bless you and your growing family!!!!

    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how exciting!
    I'm so glad everything looks great and a little boy, how wonderful!
    We have a boy and a girl and it is truly the best of both worlds!
    We actually have that exact giraffe, it's my son's as well. A word of advice, don't put it in the washer or dryer or the music part will quit working . . . not that I did that or anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! Just be ready, because boys are a whole nother species :)lol. I love my boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I just love being the mom of a boy! They are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! :) So happy to hear everything is going well for you and that YOUR SON (squeal!) is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog! It's so cute! :-) I was googling for "cute nursery art" and it brought me to one of your posts about a framed alphabet you did! I love it!!! I just read through a ton of your posts (I love finding new blogs I like!!) Anyways...I'm pregnant right now too, with my first! Congrats on your little boy! Glad to be your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails