Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Scrapbook Wall Art

We got our Disneyland pictures printed out earlier this week so I wanted to frame some of my favorites for the Little Miss.

My dad had made four of these 12x12 frames for me a while back for some mirrors I had. I ended up not liking them with the mirrors...but they worked out perfect for me to scrapbook with:)

I just cut out some foam board in 12x12 pieces and then mod podged the pink and white polka dot fabric over it. I was going to use scrapbooking paper for the whole thing...but I ended up liking the texture of the fabric and paper better.

The flowers I used were from Hobby Lobby. I just picked out a bushel of white flowers and a bushel of pink and plucked them.

I also used chipboard flower and frame shapes that I found at Joann and the ribbon was just some that I already had. I also threw in some handmade vellum flowers to add more texture to the silk ones. Finally, I added some craft rhinestones I had to the center of the flowers and in various other places.

Oh...and I got a sheet of Cinderella stickers at Joann too. They seemed to add just the perfect touch to the layout:)

Once I had scrapped all three layouts...I glued them into the frames. My frames don't have glass in them...so I like how the embellishments pop off the page.

I decided to hang all three on a blank wall above her boutique costume hanger.

I love looking at them every day and so does Miss S:) She looks at them and then says, "Cinderella, and Cinderella, and Cinderella!"

Price:

frames and foam board: already had

scrapbook paper: $1.50

flowers: $2.00

picture prints: $.30

Cinderella stickers: $1.80

chipboard embellishments: $.60

Total: $6.20

3 comments:

  1. I love this project. There are so many possibilities! I have a lot of ideas running in my head now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness...these are cute! What a great idea! (btw...I'm totally impressed how on top of it you are! I'm still working on Natalie's pictures from when we were in the hospital and she was born 4.5 years ago! Way to go Momma!)
    All my Targets were out of the chandeliers...I could see where they had been since the empty bin was full of glitter! boooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the dresses as part of the decor! Darling!!! Send me that picture and I will add it to your post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails