Thursday, November 4, 2010

Anthro Inspired Necklace...revisited:)

I have gotten so many wonderful comments and emails about my Anthro Inspired Necklace for Round 1 over at Sew Dang Cute's Crafting with the Stars competition! Thanks to everyone who has had kind words to say about it:)

A lot of questions I have been getting is where I got the beads...and how for so cheap? Well, I managed to hit Joann's when their beads were 40% off. Normally they are always some sort of percentage off though...or sign up for their mailer and get several coupons that way as well.

I prefer Joann's just because they will take more than one of their own coupon in one transaction...along with competitor coupons. Michaels is kind of crabby and you can only use one coupon per day. Both stores also ad match other craft stores. Oh...and Hobby Lobby doesnt take any competitor coupons at all. Got all that? Oh if only I could make a living with all this useless knowledge in my head!:)

Here is the bead breakdown:

gray/silver pearls: Blue Moon Beads (orig. 1.49...on sale $.89)

black beads: bracelet from Tinkerbell...$1.00

gray opaque beads: Blue Moon Beads (orig. 1.99 on sale $1.19)

So that's how it breaks down to just about $3 for all the beads. Do a little digging around at your craft store. Blue Moon Beads have a lot of different lines of beads that are very affordable (all their fake pearls are $1.49 and come in many different colors) and many times the store will put the whole brand on sale. I had to dig through the little bins for the opaque beads at the top.

I hope that helps anyone interested in making something like this:) Please send me a picture if you make it! I would love to show it off!

2 comments:

  1. hehehehe...I copied you again! :)
    http://saramosfamily.blogspot.com/2010/11/im-copy-cat.html
    Thanks for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute necklace! I hope you'll enter in the Copycat Challenge that I'm hosting, there are lots of great prizes :). You can go to sewmuchado.blogspot.com for all the details!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails