Monday, November 22, 2010

Spinach Pastrami Sub on Garlic Parmesan Bread

A friend shared a version of this sub with me a few weeks ago. I tried it...and I knew my husband would love it. We tweaked it a little to fit our taste. This could be made with any bread, cheese, and meat you like!

Ingredients:

1 french loaf of Garlic Parmesan bread (I find it at Walmart)

4 slices of Provolone cheese

1 cup of fresh baby spinach

5 slices pastrami

5 slices turkey

1. Cut the loaf in half and lay inside up on a cookie sheet.

2. On one side layer spinach and then cheese slices on top. On the other layer the meat.

3. Put under the broiler for 3 minutes.

Doesn't it look amazing? I love recipes that are extremely easy, customizable, and taste like I spent more than 5 minutes making it:) It makes for a nice alternative to the constant PB&J lunches in our house.

The best part about this is that it reheats perfectly too. I wrap the leftovers (if there are any!) in tin foil and keep it in the fridge. Then I just pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds and it tastes like the day I made it!

I think I have made one of these once a week for the last month:) My husband has been known to take a whole half loaf to work for his lunch.

Price:

bread loaf: $1.50

pastrami and turkey: $1.20

cheese: $.75 (I use half a pack)

spinach: $.50 (I can get 4 sandwiches out of one $1.99 bag)

Total: $3.95!

That's cheaper than going to Subway...and you got to sneak spinach into your family's diet:)

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had the ingredients for this right now! Looks delicious on a cold evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect recipe for Kerry's leftover smoked turkey today! I added a garlic pickle slice and mixed chipotle mayo with raspberry jam. Yum! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails