Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

I make this pumpkin cheesecake every year for Thanksgiving. It is probably one of my favorite holiday desserts. I can pass on most sweets...except cheesecake! I am a sucker for salty sweet things;)

Here is the recipe:

2 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese

1/2 c white sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

2 eggs

1 9in graham cracker pie crust (I made my own with a recipe below)

1/2 c pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 pinch cloves

1 pinch nutmeg (I left this out because I don't have any)

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

2. You can use a premade graham cracker crust, but I already had a box of graham cracker crumbs in my pantry so I used those.

Here is the recipe I used:

1 and 1/4 c graham cracker crumbs

3 tbs white sugar

1/3 c butter-melted

Mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar and then mix in butter until crumbly. Press into pie pan and bake for 5 minutes at 325 degrees.

3. Blend cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs until creamy. Reserve 1 cup and set it aside.

Oh...and save the cream cheese boxes...they make great gift card boxes for Christmas:) Is it weird that my family uses old food boxes for our gifts?

4. Spread the cream cheese mixture (from the bowl) into the pie crust.

I like to keep it about a 1/2 in from the outer edge so the next layer is easier to spread on.

5. Now mix the reserve cup of cream cheese, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, gloves, and nutmeg together.

6. Spread the pumpkin mixture on top of your other cream cheese layer.

7. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set.

I wish I could show you the inside (and eat some!)...but I am saving it for Thursday and I am sure my family would appreciate me not eating part of the dessert beforehand:)

What are your favorite Thanksgiving desserts?

4 comments:

  1. Dude. I think your pictures just ruined my diet. Just sayin.

    love your guts
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy-this sounds delicious and looks easy enough to make-thanks for sharing-have a blessed holiday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll be making a 4th pie! Thanks! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had a slice to finish my Thanksgiving dinner and it's absolutely delicious!!!! It did take an extra 20 minutes to cook but my oven is messed up and all my pies had trouble. This is by far the best pie I made this year. Thank you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails