Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Boppy Nursing Pillow Cover with Zipper



I liked the idea of recovering this Boppy pillow so that I could take the cover off and wash it if (and when) I need to.



First I started by taking the cover that was already on my pillow apart with my seam ripper. I also saved the zipper from that cover to use again. I used one piece of fabric for the front and another for the back. The front fabric was one I found while in California last month and the backing fabric is from the crib bedding I made.


If you don't have a cover to use as a template...just trace your pillow and if you are interested in a zipper...this one was 22" long.





I placed the zipper (right side down) on top of my front fabric (facing right side up) and pinned it to the middle of the curve.





I sewed it on with a straight stitch and the zipper foot attachment on my sewing machine.





Next I placed the other side of the zipper (the side not sewn on yet) to the right side of my backing fabric and sewed it on the same way.





Here is what it looked like when both sides were sewn on.





To secure the zipper I sewed over both ends with a 1/2" long stitch. Finally, I unzipped the zipper (you HAVE to do this in order to turn the cover right side out!) and placed right sides of the pillow cover together, pinned, and sewed from one end of the zipper to the other. Sorry no pictures of this..it was late:)



I flipped it right side out (through the zipper opening) and put my pillow in. Now I have a nice new cover for my Boppy pillow. Here is the backside:





Now I just can't wait for this little guy to get here and use this:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! This is just what I needed. My original "Boppy" cover had the zipper in the middle of the back, but I didn't like the look, and it seemed kind of hard to try to recreate that ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails