Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fabric Coasters from Vintage Scraps




I've hit my nesting stage of pregnancy with full force this week. One project I decided to tackle was our entry way closet, which is home to my craft supplies. After organizing everything (while making a list of what supplies I have and future crafts I want to make), I decided not to bring in any new materials until I started to use up what I have.




One thing I decided to do with all my vintage scraps that I just can't seem to throw away is make coasters. This was a super easy project that I got done in about 30 minutes.







There are a ton of fabric coaster tutorials online and this one from Make It and Love It was the closest to what I did. The only difference is that I ironed on my fusible fleece onto the wrong side of my printed fabric first and then sewed my two pieces together.







Now I get to see my favorite fabric scraps every day, while protecting our delicate craigslist Ikea furniture:)



I'm linked to:



Sew Much Ado


Tatertots and Jello

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I think they are great. I love how they are all different colors, too. Hopping over from a linky party. Have a great rest of the week. :)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I love making coaster!!

    Stopping by from TT&J!

    xoxo,
    Caroline
    http://www.sweetcarolinebumbumbum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! I love the fabric you picked - darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the nesting. I just wish I had the energy to do all I "want" to do. But I am getting several projects done, so I am happy. I won't buy any craft supplies either till I use what I have. I have to reduce my stash!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails