Friday, August 26, 2011

Easy Lace Headbands

I've been wanting something new to wear in my hair lately so I went to my local fabric store and picked up a bunch of different lace for $.25 a yard. I came up with a few simple headbands to wear to feel a little more feminine...you know...while doing errands, cleaning the house, and doing laundry:)

This one is a half a yard of lace that I ruffled into a circle (sewing along the way) and hot glued onto an elastic headband. I added a craft pearl to the center too.



This next headband was super easy:



I measured the lace on my head and cut it to that size, plus about 1/2" (from just below one ear to below the other). I applied really thin strips of hot glue to the inside of the lace (to make it stick in my hair better) and let that dry.



I cut out a little piece of elastic (about 2"), folded the lace under, and sewed it onto the elastc (making sure the glue side is underneath).



I sewed the other end of the lace onto the other end of the elastic and that was it!



I found two other kinds of lace that I liked so I made similar headbands with those too:



This one was a stretchy lace and fits the best:



So I made 4 fun headbands in about 15 minutes! I love those kinds of crafts:)


2 comments:

  1. Those last three will be good for in the hospital. You'll look pretty even though you won't feel like it! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the hot glue lines to prevent from slipping. I'm a newbie to your site and am having fun looking around

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails