Monday, February 14, 2011

Applique Kiss Shirt

Hershey Kisses are by far my daughter's favorite candy. She got her Mama's chocolate lovin' gene!

So, for Valentine's Day...I thought it was only fitting that she have a kiss shirt:)

I started with this shirt that I got at the thrift store for $.50. I knew when I bought it that I could cover the logo with my applique.

I cut a "kiss" shape out of fabric and Heat n Bond. I ironed the Heat n Bond to the back side of my fabric, pulled off the paper backing, and then ironed it to my shirt. I also took some 1/2" ribbon and tucked it behind the top of the "kiss" when I ironed it down.

Finally, I sewed around the kiss and then sewed the ribbon down at the top and the bottom. I twisted the ribbon twice before I sewed the bottom to make it a little more interesting. This would be even cuter if you wrote something on the ribbon like a real Hershey Kiss.

Happy Valentine's Day!
I'm linked to:

2 comments:

  1. I can tell by her excited hand gestures that she loves it! I can always tell how much my kids like something by how much they curl up and wiggle their toes...so sweet! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, I am looking at t-shirts so different now. If the quality is good and the price is right, who cares the color or design. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails