Monday, October 4, 2010

Best Whipped Frosting...EVER! Part 2

We have had cupcake fever in this house lately! Since my last post about my whipped cream frosting, my husband has now banned all other types of frosting from our home:) He even gave up his beloved butter cream frosting that has reigned in this house since we got married.

So...now I am on a mission to try all different variations of the whipped cream frosting. Today was cream cheese frosting.

I mixed the whipped cream and a half a can of whipped cream cheese frosting (the larger can by Duncan Hines) and slathered that on top of spice mix cupcakes! YUM!

But they were still missing something...

Oh yeah...cinnamon:) NOW they are perfect!

My husband just made "yummy noises" while eating one...so I guess that meant it was good:)

I have to say...if you want more of a cream cheese taste (this frosting tastes pretty light)...then mix a whole small can of regular cream cheese frosting with a tub of whipped cream.

Oh...and I discovered a new, stress free, way of decorating cupcakes I want to store in tupperware. I put all the cupcakes in my storage container and then iced them! No mess and all I had to do was slap the lid on without messing them up!

I now have 22 cupcakes that need new homes...cause I am still working towards my weight loss goal...so these babies gotta go! Any takers?:) My husband made sure that I kept a few for him...but the rest are getting new families tomorrow at church:)

Oh...and we are taking the Little Miss to a cupcake convention this weekend...so more cupcake crafts to come!

I am linked to:

Tatertots and Jello

5 comments:

  1. Okay I bought everything to make this yummy looking frosting when I read about it in your post back on the 25th. THEY LOOK SOOO GOOD!!!

    I have yet to make them but I think it's time.

    And I'm just going to say it now but..... My thighs thank you! :)

    Rachel Berry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you'll have to make your own whipped cream...it's easy and doesn't have the nasty oils the tub stuff comes with. This is what I've been using: 2 cups heavy cream, 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Just whip it up in the mixer. I mixed whipped cream and chocolate icing the last time I made a chocolate cake. Cat thought it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM-O!
    That cupcake looks DIVINE!
    And I'm dying laughing over here, about your daughter. LOL.
    I'm thinking we need a rendition of "potty songs" here.
    A link up maybe??? LOL jk.
    (I really hate potty talk, truth be told) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through someday crafts. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making these tomorrow for bible study tomorrow night.:-) Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails