Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Crochet Dinosaur

My daughter has a new dinosaur obsession. It started on Sunday when we went to the state fair and there was a gigantic electronic dinosaur that moved and made noises. She loved it! She wouldn't go near any of the animals at the petting zoo...but the two story life-like dinosaur was no problem for her:)

So, she now looks everywhere for a "dino-horse" as she calls them. I looked all over online for a free crochet pattern and finally found an amazingly cute one here at Knotty's Amigurumi. She has amazing crochet patterns for free and also for sale.

Here is my version:

The tale on mine turned out to be more like a nubbin because I lost count of my rows. Finally I got smart and started marking them with a safety pin:)

As you can see I wanted to make it as historically accurate as possible. What?...you don't think there were hot pink dinosaurs with eyelashes and bows? Bummer.

My daughter LOVES it! I guess if she is going to enter a dinosaur phase...she can at least do it in style:)

http://

Someday Crafts
http://Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap    up           party!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my. You are one nutty crafty chic mama! I for one happen to LOVE the pink and bows. There had to be some classy lady dinos out there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a pretty lucky little girl to have such a crafty mamma!

    Noah would love that, even in the pink, which would bug his dad! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat...we love that pink dino, too! Did you see crocheted socks were selling for $500...keep those crafty ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I'm loving those eyelashes!
    Thanks for visiting my blog:-)
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola que tal mi nombre es maria jose y como tu soy crochetera, me encantaria que te unas a nosotras
    en Crochet Social y que compartamos ideas, saludos te esperamos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is FANTASTIC!! I love the color! If my bad shoulders could handle crochet I would totally make one for Abigail. It's so cute and girly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails