Monday, November 29, 2010

Coffee Filter Tree

I had some coffee filters left over from my Coffee Filter Wreath so I came up with this coffee filter tree for Christmas.

Materials:

1/2 pack of coffee filters

poster board

hot glue gun

I cut a rectangle out of white poster board (about 1/4th of the whole sheet). Then I rolled and glued it to make a cone.

There was a little tail at the bottom so I cut it flush.

I took a coffee filter and cut it in half.

Then I folded that in half twice and scrunched it a bit so it looked more ruffled.

I cut the bottom off so I could glue it on to the cone.

I started gluing along the bottom.

Worked my way up:

And then glued one last puff on the top.

Finally, it still looked a little plain, so I got a wooden star at the craft store and painted it red. I wanted the star to look more stained than painted, so right after I painted the red on, I just wiped it right off with a paper towel. I glued the back of the star to a toothpick and shoved it in the top.

There are a few more Christmas crafts I have planned...if I can manage to get them done before Christmas:)

Price:

coffee filters: already had

poster board: $.50

star: $.25

Total: $.75

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Definitely making a few of these next year!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails