Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting Away: Syracuse, Utah

I took a break from Arizona life and took the kids to visit our friends in Utah last week.
 
Utah was beautiful, and getting in some retail (and diet coke) therapy with a best friend was pretty awesome too. Oh...and I finally understand all the ado over Cafe' Rio. Please tell me they will open a chain in Phoenix?
 
(UPDATE: Some lovely readers informed me that there IS a Cafe' Rio here is Phoenix! How did I not know this? Oh...and we ate there tonight.)
 



The plane ride home was bittersweet, but we can't wait to visit again. I think we will have to bring Daddy along for the fun next time. As my daughter said while the plane was taking off, "See you soon, Utah!!".
 
I think we will:)
 


4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you and wondering if everything was okay since you hadn't posted for a bit. I am so glad that you got to visit friends and see UT. It is so beautiful this time of year. I actually live in St. George which is beautiful also, but we don't have the color changing leaves quite yet.

    Cafe Rio is pretty tasty and you are in luck! There is one in Gilbert. Just go to caferio.com and check under their locations. You can be enjoying Cafe Rio all the time. I actually have been using some recipes I found to enjoy it at home since it gets too expensive to feed my obsession.

    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to tell you there is one in Phoenix! I hope you had the sweet pork salad! If you want to make it at home here is a knock off recipe!

    Its amazing!!

    http://freezermealsforus.blogspot.com/2012/02/cafe-rio-shredded-pork-meat-and-cafe.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys had a good time - it looks like it's really fall there, with leaves and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Syracuse and thought you had come to NY - FYI: I would be very upset if you came to NY and I didn't see you! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails