Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY: Numbered Coasters

I had been wanting to make a set of numbered coasters for a while but wanted them to look more vintage than shabby chic.
 
I found these blank wood coasters at Joann for $1 and I used a coupon that was about to expire on them...making them just $.60. Sweet!
 

I found a font I wanted to copy (this one is EcuyerDAX from dafont.com) and I printed the numbers out to create stencils. I traced each number with a sharpie marker and then free handed the boarders and lines.
 


I gave them two coats with a clear satin sealer that resists water and then one more coat of matte Mod Podge so I think they are well protected from our cold drinks;)
 


Now we have a new place for our newly thrifted owl glasses.
 

 
Hope you are having a lovely Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. Wow...they look professional to me...even close up! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accidentally dropped here by some pin in Pinterest... and OMG! Your work is amazing! Looking the crafts that you do and share is a delight! Also loved the fact that you make your creations part of your personal life and experiences, making them more fun and beautiful to see (and to live too, I believe hehe). Wish I had time (and ability) to try some of this ideas that you made... so many cute things :] Congrats Melissa, wish you the best... and I'll keep an eye in here. byee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project, as well as your blog. I am a new subscriber! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great!!! Love the idea and font. I did something similar on mugs with vinyl stickers from a Silhouette machine and a ceramic paint pen, but it was time-consuming and hard! Here's a pic... http://instagram.com/p/TgYA8OlZS6/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! and I love your cute owl glasses! adorable...This blog inspires me to get my creative side out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails