Friday, December 28, 2012

Recap: 2012's Resolutions

I am proud of my accomplishments this last year. I think it's so easy to set the bar way too high and then be unhappy with not meeting unreal expectations of ourselves.
 
This last year my resolutions were to live a healthier lifestyle, be more authentic, speak kinder, and try new things.
 
My results are as follows:
 
 
-I have lost over 20lbs since Jack was born last year. I still have more work to do, but I am happy with what I have accomplished so far!
 
-I made this space more authentic this year. Sometimes that means taking a break from blogging for a few days at a time because I don't have any fresh ideas or just want to spend time with my family more (no offense!). I've also learned this year that it's impossible to make everyone happy and at the end of the day, my husband and kids mean more to me than the opinion of anyone else.
 
-I have to be honest and say that I haven't always chosen to say nice things 100% of the time, but I am working on understand how my attitude and words affect others. I want to be a source of joy, not annoyance for others.
 
-Finally, I think a tried a lot of new things this year! First off, I completed my first half marathon in Disneyland! Then, I experimented as a red head, challenged myself to cooking at home for a whole month, and flew to Utah to visit friends.
 
It was fun to accomplish new goals and it has made me so excited for 2013! My husband and I already sat down to discuss new goals for the upcoming year. I'm sure it will be filled with crafts, messes, lazy days, and maybe even a trip to Disneyland:)


2 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you've achieved some of your goals -- and I think they're great goals to aspire to. Congratulations on losing the 20 pounds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on all of your accomplishments!!! what a way to bring in 2013! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails