Wednesday, April 24, 2013

RECIPE: Simple Vanilla Cupcakes

 
I have had cake flour in my pantry for a while, waiting to try it out for the first time. The kids were restless the other night, so I plopped them on the counter to "help" me make some cupcakes!
 
These are simple and really yummy. I used a quick powdered sugar glaze for the frosting and it made for the perfect treat!
 
SIMPLE VANILLA CUPCAKES
(by Wilton)
 
3 c sifted CAKE FLOUR
 
2 1/2 tsp BAKING POWDER
 
1/2 tsp SALT
 
2/3 c BUTTER softened
 
1 3/4 c GRANULATED SUGAR
 
2 EGGS
 
1 1/2 tsp PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
 
1 1/4 c MILK
 
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
 
STEP 2: Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
 
STEP 3: In mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
 
STEP 4: Alternate adding flour and milk and beat another minute after all ingredients are in.
 
STEP 5: Bake 15-18 minutes or until center is set. Cool for a few minutes in pan and then move to cooling rack.
 
POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE
 
1 c POWDERED SUGAR
 
2 tbsp MILK
 
STEP 1: Mix together and dip tops of cupcakes into icing. For the heart cupcakes, I used a tiny heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the center shape. I dusted them with powdered sugar and then filled the centers with the glaze.
 
 
Happy Tuesday:)

4 comments:

  1. you have such a beautiful blog! I'm so glad I found it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...those I really pretty! I love the hearts on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh wow, cant wait to have a go at making these cupcakes they look delicious :)
    Best Mike Addiego Fishing Lodge Alaska

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails