Monday, April 11, 2011

5 Minute Grilled Chicken Taquitos


Now that my appetite is slowly returning (I didn't realize what a luxury it is to enjoy eating) I have been cooking a little more. I get random cravings (and you know they are cravings when you contemplate leaving your toddler in front of the TV to run out for a bit...) and one of my cravings this week was for these:



The picture actually looks kinda gross...but I love these little things! I haven't had them in quite some time, but they came to mind tonight for dinner. Not wanting to spend the money, gas, or calories on fast food, I tried to see what I could come up with on my own.


Ingredients:


tortillas


shredded cheese


grilled chicken


1. I warmed my tortillas in a skillet on med-high heat. A warm tortilla is easier to roll than a cold one.


2. I cut the tortillas in half and sprinkled a little bit of cheese and grilled chicken on top. I use the grilled chicken in a bag since I don't have the stomach to cook meat right now.


3. I rolled the tortillas (starting with the round side going in) and while still rolled, placed them in my hot skillet.


4. I pressed each taquito with a spatula for a couple of minutes on each side. Just enough time to seal them and make them crispy.


And that's it! I have to say they taste exactly like the Taco Bell version and less calories too. I love how quick it is to fill a skillet with these, plus they are easy for little hands to hold. If you like the idea of steak better...then grill up your own steak or they also sell steak strips in a bag as well.


OK...that 5 minute dinner was enough for me...back to the couch with some 7-Up and Downton Abbey on Netflix. My husband asked if I've turned into an 80 year old woman when he came downstairs to find me on the couch with my aphgan watching Masterpiece Classics. Nope...just lazy and I like my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails