Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Cupcake Kind of Day

I was in the mood for a cupcake today.



So I made some and they were amazing:)



We had a mini celebration today. I had my 10 week appointment with my OB and my pregnancy is progressing just fine. They always start by taking my blood pressure and I always ask what it is (perfect every time) and I am surprised that it's not high with how anxious I get before each appointment;)


They let me have another ultrasound today to check growth and I measured at 10 weeks and 1 day, so they are keeping my 11-11-11 due date for sure now. I got to see little arm buds flailing about and the heartbeat was 168! I could sit there all day and watch that monitor. I'm always sad when it's over.


So, it was definitely a cupcake kind of day! I only put on a half of a pound in between my monthly visit...so I figured a food splurge was OK:) My body has tricked me lately, though. My morning sickness diminished greatly from 7-8 weeks of pregnancy...so I did a "Praise the Lord!" dance...and the nausea came back badder than ever a few days ago. Oh well, in some weird way it is comforting...at least for the next few weeks, then I am ready to say "good bye" to it again and hopefully for good!


So, celebrate something today and make some cupcakes. I know they will make you feel better;) I used a white cake mix and my favorite frosting recipe EVER!:


1 tub whipped cream


1 can fluffy vanilla frosting


Beat both together until fluffy and spread on cupcakes. I like to pipe it on with a bag and tip just cause you get more frosting and it looks prettier:) Also, keep these cupcakes covered and in the fridge so the icing doesn't melt. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you that things are progressing well. I had the same love/hate relationship with morning sickness. It was not fun to go through, but a sure sign to me that I was pregnant. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for happy and healthy babies! You definitely deserved a cupcake! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am soooo happy to hear that your pregnancy is going great!! i know what you mean about being sad when the ultrasound was over. i always was too. you definitely deserved a cupcake!!!!!

    ~jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you Melissa. They do say that when you get really bad morning sickness it means the baby is developing perfectly. I was really sick through the whole nine months for my last one and he came out perfect. He is one of six.
    Aloha ,
    Dawnica
    www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I love your blog plus im always greatful to see christian blogs as well. But I saw you misscaried and thought since you are pregnant again I wanted to share something with you to hopefully put your mind at ease. Ive misscaried and know how stressful the next pregnancy can get so my gynecologist recommended baby beats which is a online place you can rent hospital grade fetal heartbeat monitors and that way you can heart the babies heartbeat from home. and they sent me the lubrication for the monitor with directions. It was great to not stress in between my appointments. I really hope this helps.

    God blessings, Lauren

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails