Monday, August 16, 2010

Boutique Style Costume Hanger

My friend had a great idea to hang her daughter's costumes in her room (instead of shoved in closet) with a mini coat rack....so adorable right? I decided to make a knock off version.

She gave me this sign rack since she is redoing her bathroom. I am never one to turn down anything that may be transformed in the future:)

This is how it started:

Then I cut out a piece of scrapbook paper to cover the front. I just glued it on with a glue stick.

Next I designed this "boutique sign" with Photoshop Elements 2.0 (yeah I kick it old school) and also glued it to the front.

I saved the boutique image to a USB and took it into FedEx Office and they printed it out on nice computer paper for $.59!

The dress form image is from The Graphics Fairy and the fonts were on my computer. I can look up the names if anyone is interested.

Finally, I hung it in her room with her first (of many to come) costume. I hung it lower so that she could reach it and would not pull it off the wall on top of her head.

I also found this bucket in her closet that I got at Target for $.60. It matches the stripes on the paper perfectly! The bucket is for her dress up accessories.

You could also make this by taking a thin piece of wood and screwing in decorative knobs. The possibilities are endless!

Price:

rack: $0

scrapbook paper: $.59

printed image: $.59

Total: $1.18

I'm linked to:

The Graphics Fairy: Brag Monday

Seven Thirty Three Link Party

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet addition to any room and a great job. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!! Such a great idea too!
    Thanks for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the cutest idea. I now have to make one for my daughter. She is only 5 mos., but better sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails