Sunday, June 5, 2011

Steak and Bean Enchiladas


I'm not really an enchilada person. There used to be this great restaurant by us that served the BEST enchiladas for like $2.00 (you know it's authentic when it's cheap) and then they tried to go all commercial and ended up closing:( So, I came across a version of this recipe recently and decided to give it a try.


Ingredients:


cooked chopped steak (about 8-10oz) $2.00


(I bought the grilled steak in a bag because it was cheaper with my coupon)


8-10 flour tortillas $1.00


1 can of pinto beans (drained) $.60


I can black beans (drained) $.60


I can enchilada sauce $1.00


1/4c chopped green onions $.20


1 c cheddar or pepper jack cheese $.80


1. In a skillet, cook steak seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. (I also added a little chili powder).


2. Once meat is cooked through, add both cans of drained beans, onions, and 1/2 of the enchilada sauce. Heat for about 5-10 minutes.


3. On a tortilla, scoop the meat and bean mixture and top with a little of the cheese. Roll up the tortilla and place in a baking dish. Repeat until mixture is all gone. (I made half of this recipe and got 5 tortillas filled up).



4. Top tortillas with remaining enchilada sauce (making sure to cover ever part of the tortillas so that they don't burn in the oven) and finally top with the rest of the shredded cheese.



5. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes...until cheese is melted on top.


These are seriously SO good!! My daughter even ate them:) You could add any other beans you like or also some green bell peppers and corn as well.


I loved the taste of steak in these. I didn't like my enchiladas in the past with ground beef...and the steak makes them taste so much better. This is now one of my favorite recipes;)


Total: $6.20

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails