Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can't Sleep

Life has been interesting around here lately. We are finding our new groove as parents of two (why is the jump from one kid to two so intense and overwhelming at first??) and although our little guy has only been here for 4 weeks (has it really been a month already?) it feels like he has been a part of our family for so long.

This is the first moment I have had all week to sit down at the computer...alone. Normally I am browsing and catching up while feeding the baby and trying to blog with one free hand isn't the easiest;) I should be sleeping right now instead of typing...but I'm not tired. How come everyone in this house can't seem to get on the same schedule? As soon as I get the baby fed...my daughter has to use the bathroom (at 2am) then I get her taken care of and the baby needs me again. I swear they have radar that lets them know when the other child is finally quiet because each one seems to know when I might have a spare second to myself! Luckily my husband is awesome and helps me out SO much all while working the night shift at work.

So now I have both kids in bed...actually sleeping at the same time...and I am wide awake! I can't help but think how blessed we are. Even though I haven't had a full night's sleep in months ( I wasn't sleeping much the last few months of my pregnancy) and we have two children who seem to be needing so much attention right now that my husband and I barely get in a conversation or a meal together these days...I am so happy. Even when I am so tired in the middle of the night and falling asleep while feeding the baby...I feel so blessed that we got to bring home a healthy child. In the moments when I want to cry because I am so overwhelmed with this stage in our lives, I know it will pass and I will look back and wonder where the time went.

I have a couple of crafts to share later this week and even a giveaway so make sure to stay tuned for those! But for now I better get to bed before one of these kiddos needs something. Oh well, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. I won't be able to kiss and tickle these little feet forever...

4 comments:

  1. I hear you on the one handed thing! That's how the last few months have been for me too. My daughter will be five months on Sunday (where has the time gone?!) and I have spent just about every feeding watching Friends or on the computer. Your little man's tootsies are so precious! Almost makes me want to go wake up my little lady to kiss her feet.... almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love sweet tiny baby feet! As you already know, this time is fleeting so enjoy what it gives you. Hope you can catch up on a little sleep this weekend. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...I didn't get to see those precious little feet when I was there...thanks for the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember thinking, I've had one, the 2nd one will be a piece of cake!! Oh how wrong I was! I had a very hard time adjusting to life w/ 2. I have friends w/ 3 who say it's much easier w/ #3. Well, I will never know b/c 2 is enough for me! It sounds like you've got the right attitude going! Now that mine are 5 and 3 I find myself thinking, I wish I had held them more when they were babies. Not that I didn't hold them but I was so caught up in "keeping the house clean" and all that stuff. But you're right, that time doesn't last long. :) He has precious feet.
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails