Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Week Off

Did you have a wonderful Christmas? We sure did! The day was one big blur and every minute of it was great. I couldn't help but feel very blessed to rock our little man to sleep Christmas Eve night and wake up to a very excited 3 year old on Christmas morning:) She was so grateful for everything she got and was even more excited to watch other people open their presents!

I love the week between Christmas and New Years. My husband gets the whole week off so we just take it easy and relax. We have taken road trips and stayed in our jammies till the afternoon and it's been wonderful.

I think my favorite gift this year was seeing this smile:


It gets me every time.

When my husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas a few weeks ago I said, "A baby that sleeps through the night." and we both laughed. Well...I got my wish because this baby has started sleeping at least 7 (sometimes 8) hours a night for me! Woo-hoo!

Do you love to shop the Christmas clearance? I don't care for it much since I don't want to store any more stuff for another year. This year I did get my wrapping paper for next year. Target came out with these mini rolls of paper and they are the best! They easily fit in my Christmas storage bin for next year (no storing large rolls of paper) and are only $.50 the day after Christmas!


I did manage to buy one other Christmas item this year. I found these vintage ornaments and they will be perfect to replace a few ornaments that fell apart this year. The little old lady at the vintage shop didn't know how to take 75% off of $.69...so she asked if she could just charge me a quarter! Ha!


Speaking of vintage finds...I got three gift cards to various thrift stores this year! Does my family know me or what?:) This year I want to slowly swap out my old (plain) dishes, pots, and pans, with ones that I love.

So far I brought home this "chicken pot" as we call it. Love it:)


This blue baking dish makes me pretty happy too.


I love having breakfast on these dishes each morning. Meals are so much happier when you love the plates you serve on:)


This is probably my favorite find yet. I have no idea what it is (it's made of thick cardboard) and I love it. It totally reminds me of something my grandma would have had in her home. It's funny how $.10 can make me so happy!


I also managed to whipped up a simple diaper bag with my favorite vintage fabric that I had been hoarding for a while...tutorial to come later this week.


I'm so excited for the new year! I love a fresh start and we have so many exciting things coming up. This was also the first year my husband and I made resolutions and goals together and I can't wait to accomplish them!

I hope you have a fun and safe New Years Eve (my husband is planning to barbecue and set up dinner outside for us after the kids are in bed...I can't wait!) and I will be back in 2012 with some new tutorials and a fun giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your baby boy and sleeping through the night! Yeah! My little girl was born on Nov 5 and it has been nonstop ever since. I am looking forward to a slowdown for the new year. You are lucky that you have a hubby that lets you use what you love. Non matching things drive my husband crazy so we HAVE to have matching dishes.

    Congrats again. Your sweet boy is adorable.

    Shara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little baby is SOOOOOOO cute! I love that little smile!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails