Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Christmas Eve


I love Christmas Eve. I love the anticipation of the day and waiting to open presents with family on Christmas morning. I love getting a phone call bright an early from my Dad every year asking when we are almost ready to come over (I am pretty sure he gets more excited about Christmas morning than anyone else!). I love the traditions and teaching my daughter about why we celebrate this time of year...reminding her it is not about what presents are under the tree with her name on them...but giving to others because God gave the gift of His Son to us.

I love my favorite vintage platter filled with mini red velvet cupcakes:


My husband loves the cookie tray filled with puppy chow:)


I love having a family of stockings hanging in our living room knowing that our family is now complete:




I love having ornaments on our tree from our first Christmas together:


And ornaments from my grandmother's tree and all the history that they have:


I love having a little man to make a tie onesie for:


Most of all I love taking time to spend with the people I love. I married my best friend and now we have two beautiful children to raise together. Life really couldn't get much better than that.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas tomorrow and that you take time to appreciate what you have. Presents and material things will only last so long so cherish what matters.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree and stockings! Thanks for sharing! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your latest, sweet addition to your family! What a fun Christmas this must have been! Many blessings in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post :) I hope you had a lovely Christmas as well :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails