Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fresh Pico de Gallo

I love me some salsa. Any kind...I'm all for it. Pico de Gallo has got to be my favorite, and I always make a large batch to share!


PICO DE GALLO
(from Allrecipes)

6 ROMA TOMATOES, diced


1/2 RED ONION, minced

3 tablespoons chopped FRESH CILANTRO

1/2 JALAPENO PEPPER, seeded and minced

1/2 LIME, juiced

1 clove GARLIC, minced

1 pinch GARLIC POWDER

SALT and ground BLACK PEPPER to taste
 
STEP 1: Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
 
NOTE: I don't like runny salsa, so I squeeze out the juice and seeds from my tomatoes. I also make double the recipe to have enough to share and for me to put on...well...everything!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Your salsa recipe inspired me! Even though I didn't have cilantro, jalapeno, or lime juice...I did have broccoli, whole seed mustard, and lemon juice! WOW...not exactly salsa, but it packed a powerful taste! Maybe enough to calm my taste buds down for awhile! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! Love the combination!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails