Monday, May 28, 2012

Mmmm....turkey burger.

I love me a good burger. There is a local burger shop that puts Five Guys and Smashburger to shame (my husband even agrees..and he is serious about his meat, people.)

So, while Weight Watchers and I are becoming good friends these days (it's a love hate relationship), I have been enjoying some turkey burgers.



For now, I buy the pre-packaged burgers since ground meat really grosses me out (I'm working on it...but two pregnancies may have messed me up for life).

Here is my simple turkey burger recipe:

SWEET ONION TURKEY BURGER

1 BUTTERBALL SWEET ONION TURKEY PATTY (cooked)

1 slice low fat COLBY CHEESE

1 slice TURKEY BACON

1 large TOMATO slice

ROMAINE LETTUCE

MUSTARD

SESAME SEED BUN (optional)

I normally opt for the low carb option and ditch the bun or I put it on toasted reduced calorie bread.  Then I either pile  a low sodium pickle on top or some broccoli slaw.

So, how do you feel about turkey products? Do they gross you out? Have any good recipes I need to try?

1 comment:

  1. I hate touching raw meat of any kind too. Ugh! (Don't even get me started on de-skinning chicken breasts. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!)

    You're not alone. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails