Saturday, January 15, 2011

Goodwill Finds

Well, my Goodwill gift card that I got for Christmas came to an end today. It was a sad moment...but I sure did get my use out of it!

Today was Goodwill's 50% off sale and I scored this wooden doll high chair:

For $4.00!!

My daughter is getting a doll from my mom for her 3rd birthday...so this will be our gift to her. I can't wait to pull off those nasty pink bears and give this a new coat of paint. The "tray" piece is a little warped...so I will have to get some scrap wood to rebuild that...but who cares for $4.00?

I also got this vintage flat sheet for $2.00:

I LOVE the pattern. It's so bright and spunky...just like the Little Miss! I am thinking about making a shower curtain for her bathroom...or maybe a twin fitted sheet and pillowcase? I dunno...but I do know it's amazing and I kinda want to just make myself a whole wardrobe out of it.

Oh...and I rounded out my purchase with some Gap shoes for my daughter...for $1.50! It was a good Saturday morning.

Oh...and I drew out my plans for my daughter's kitchen and gave them to my dad today. Having a dad who is incredible at making furniture is awesome. It's like a super hero power or something. I also went to the store and got the spray paint. I can't wait to show it off when we it's done!

2 comments:

  1. When my grandma passed away a few years ago I got her sewing box. It was full of all kinds of amazing vintage fabric. It had some that looked exactly like that! It wasn't a large piece but I made some little burp rags with it so everytime I sat down to feed my daughter I thought of my sweet grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sheet is the exact sheets my mom had on her bed when she was a girl (which remained on her bed until I was at least 16). I had so many good times looking at all the different flowers when I was supposed to be napping at Grandma's!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails