Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy January to Me!

I have been wanting a KitchenAid stand mixer for a long time. I mean a really long time. I almost bought a red one on craigslist a few months ago for $80 (minus any extra attachments)...but by the time I called the lady it was gone. I never really pursued it past that because I didn't want to spend the money. I can't really justify $300 sitting on my counter.

So (this is where the story gets exciting!), my aunt gave me my grandma's old stand mixer!! I got it this week and it's beautiful, it's white, it's a KitchenAid, it has ever single attachment known to man (my Italian grandma rocks) and it's mine.

It has a little rusting around the label...but I don't care in the slightest. I love that my grandma owned it and loved it for decades and now I get to use it too.

So, right now it is taking up half of the only counter we have...but I don't care. It weighs a million pounds, but I don't care about that either (the hubs kinda does since he had to bring it up the stairs). I have a manual and a lot of fun attachments to play with so see ya later!

6 comments:

  1. I have one in a pale aqua and LOVE it. I want the pasta attachment. if you have an Italian Grandmother I'm guessing you may have that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchenaid mixers are the best! My mom has one that she got when she was married, 30 years ago- it looks JUST like the one you have! She bought me a red one when I got married a few years back and I use it all the time. Such a great tool to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gonna love it! I got one as a wedding gift and wasn't crazy about the white, but it is on my counter b/c it earned it's spot there! They are awesome! I have some attachments, but have only used the bread hook. You are right, it is so cool to have your grandma's mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You luck girl! I have been pining over one for what feels like years. Have you used it yet? Is it as amazing as Id assume it to be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed a blessing, if only you could measure all the love that has gone into that machine. I am sure the love overflows back out into whatever you prepare with it. :) Family heirlooms are indeed priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Kitchen Aid! I have used the grinder attachment so many times to make elk hamburger, used the shredder for 40lb. blocks of cheese several times and the puree attachment is great for applesauce. You don't have to peel the apples because the pureer takes care of it. The mixers last and last, too. How special that it was your grandmothers - a real treasure.

    Elisabeth @
    Treasuring the Moments.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails