Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Scrappy Flower Pin

I have used this flower tutorial from House of Smiths many times for headbands for my daughter. I got the idea tonight to turn it into a pin for my necklaces and bracelets.

1. First, I cut out 6 circles from some fabric. The size of your circles is the same size your flower will end up being.

2. I put a dab of glue in the middle of the circle and folded it in half.

3. I put another dab of glue in the bottom center and folded 1/3 of the half circle in. I flipped the whole thing over and flipped the other 1/3 in and glued it.

4. I did that with all six pieces. Next, I cut out another circle of fabric that was slightly smaller than the flower. I glued all my little "pie" pieces to that circle of fabric. I find it also helps to put a dab of glue between each piece to make it more sturdy and less floppy.

5. I cut out a tiny circle of fabric and glued it into the center and then glued a pearl in the center of that. The pearl is an old earring that I took the post off of.

6. I glued a pin to the back. Then I glued a strip of felt over the inside of the pin.

I also made a black one, which I can't wait to pin to some black elastic bracelets that I have.

I love that they can be interchangeable with whatever necklace or bracelet I am wearing. They can even be worn by themselves or pinned to a hat. I like crafts that can be used in more than one way:)

All I had to buy was the pins. I got a pack of 100 from Michaels for $1.50 after my coupon. The rest of the fabric, pearls, and felt was what I already had on hand.

I'm linked to:

Sugar and Dots

1 comment:

  1. So stinking cute! Have I told you how AWESOME I think your crafts are :) BECAUSE THEY ARE AWESOME! I wish I made cute things like that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails