Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Daughter's Room

I thought I would share some more fun things I have planned for my daughter's room. I am looking forward to redoing it a bit when we move. Her nursery was just a two tone color scheme...and I'm over it. It was sweet for a baby's room...but now that she has developed her own little spunky personality...she needs a room that goes with it.
I found these plastic plates at Goodwill and the cups at a vintage shop. I thought they would be so cute for her pretend kitchen. I don't care for the little plates she has now..they are smaller than the play food she has! I love the colors of these...and kind of want some in my size...

Next, I found these canisters on sale at Goodwill for $.35 each! I was going to keep them for my pantry...but I think they would be so cute in my daughter's new play kitchen (more about that later).

I got this little greeting card at a vintage shop for $.10. I know I don't show pictures of my daughter on here...but this looks a lot like her:) Messy hair...and all the things she loves. Music, birds, her blankie, books, and dogs. I plan on framing this for her shelf.

Again, I was at Goodwill (I got a gift card there for Christmas) and I saw these old records for $.50 each!!

I love them and so did my daughter when we spotted them. I will either hang these on the wall or put them on her shelf. The Mickey one is from 1972 and the Cinderella is from 1963. The Cinderella record has some drawing and doodling on it...but I kind of thinks that ads to the character. I can't wait to take them over to my parents house and play them for my daughter.

Finally, I sent my dad the plans I have for my daughter's new play kitchen (she is too rough with her plastic one and is always pulling it down on herself).

I will be using this old night stand that I scored off Craigslist for $5:

And it will end up being one of these two colors:

It will be fun adding a few new things to my daughter's room. I'm having a lot of fun with her showing me what she likes and doesn't like. Every time I ask her opinion...she looks between the choices saying, "Ummmm....ummmm...." with a smile on her face before she picks one:)

What are some of your favorite things or ideas you have for a kid's room?

9 comments:

  1. I love those records! And the nightstand--serious score! How cute to frame the records and paint the nightstand...can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds...love the colors! And that card does look just like our sweetie! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those same little metal canisters from when I was a little girl. So cute! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and I am passing along an award to you! Stop by my blog and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I can't wait till I have kids rooms to decorate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you seen those record cover frames at Micheals? Sometimes they go on sale for $5 each. Love the stuff you found and her room is going to be so stinkin cute!! Can't wait to see what it looks like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great albums, particularly love all the Cinderella songs! Can't wait to see your nightstand turned kitchen! Hope 2011 brings you all the best--
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome score on those records and I think those little dishes and canisters will be adorable for a play kitchen. Can't wait to see it completed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that night table. My vote is for that yummy blue. Here is some inspiration for your daughter's wall that incorporates the records! http://elizabethkartchner.blogspot.com/2010/04/storytelling-frames.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails