Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tomato Sausage Pasta

This is one of the first recipes I made for my husband...that didn't make him gag:) Seriously...I was a terrible cook when we were first married. He told me a few months ago that everything has gotten better with me in time...I still don't know if that is a compliment or not...

So, I thought I would share the recipe that redeemed my cooking reputation:

1 (16oz) package of smoked sausage or kielbasa...I use turkey

1/2 c chopped white onion

2 cans petite diced tomatoes...I use the basil oregano blend

1 can (8oz) tomato sauce

3/4 c water

1 c pasta...I use anything whole grain

1. Brown sausage and onion over med-high heat

2. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water. Bring to a boil.

3. Stir in uncooked pasta. Cover and keep on low for 15 minutes (or until pasta is tender)

Serve!

I have to add water sometimes in the middle of cooking the pasta. I love this dish because everything is in one pot and I don't have to boil the pasta separately. Anything that is easy and makes me look good is awesome:)

Price:

turkey sausage: $1.97

pasta: $1.00

onion: $.50

tomatoes: $.88

tomato sauce: $.30

Total: $4.65

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this I'm going to try it <3 very good price for one meal and the one pot thing got me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds simple and yummy and it works on low glycemic index diet! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks YUMMY! =)

    By the way, I nominated you for an award over on my blog (http://galatians4-22-23.blogspot.com/)! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails