Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cloth Placemat Pillow

I found this butterfly placemat at TJ Maxx today in the clearance section. They had so many beautiful colors...it was hard to choose...but we went with a household favorite...pink!

Here is how you can make your own placemat pillow:

Materials:

cloth placemat (make sure it has two separate sides so that you can open up the seam and stuff it)

needle and thread

pillow stuffing

seam ripper

Here is my placemat before. Iron it if needed.

1. Rip out the existing seam on the bottom (or what will be the bottom) of your placemat. I opened it just large enough for my hand to fit in for stuffing it later.

2. Stuff your placemat. I used an old pillow that I was going to get rid of.

3. Fold in the seams and sew closed.

I kneaded the pillow a little afterwards (almost like dough) to get all the stuffing even and to get rid of any lumps.

And that's it!

My daughter was so excited when I handed it to her. She carried at around all afternoon saying, "Oh...pretty buttersly!"...so I guess it is approved:) She even had to show my husband before bedtime. I think it made going to bed a little easier for her...so it was well worth it!

Total Price: $2.00 for the placemat.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! It turned out so stinkin cute! I wish gracelyn still had her butterfly nursery. That would have looked so cute in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I am going to start looking at placements in a whole new light....

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! I need to find some butterfly placemats now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails